Skip to main content

YOU & I





The sweet scent of summer had barely trickled into town. The trees were thawing, making way for color to seep back into the world. The sun dug into my eyes as I tried to take in the blueness of the sky. As my eyes started to tear up, I looked away and they fell on you. I didn't know you at all but as you made your way past me, I knew that that was what love looked like. You were beautiful. A tall, glorious vision I never wanted to forget. I wanted to encase you in a poem, to refrain you from ever leaving my mind, but you walked away before I could think of metaphors and similes. You didn't even look back. You just left. Too soon.




The clouds greyed and the sky turned black. My heart was freezing and I desperately wished for the warmth of some one's arms around me. Much later, you told me how you liked people who could make their own fire. It was one of the things that I liked about you because it meant you didn't care how I wasn't looking for anyone to complete me, just complement me. Darling, you would have hated me back then. Every waking moment was a struggle because with every thunder, loneliness gushed into my being. As raindrops fell to earth that day so did my resolve, mixing into nothingness. Rain and I were one and all. That was the first time since I saw you that I longed for you. Thus, formed a blister, start of a crack. Because it was then that my heart first started to ache for you. 




It's funny, really, how soon the rainfall ceases when just moments before you had believed that it wouldn't ever stop. But once again the sun did its magic, compensating heavily for all the moments it had missed. As I woke up in my bed that day, I didn't know that dials of fate were pushing us toward each other, second by second. How fondly I remember seeing you that day, love. I had mostly forgotten what you had looked like but when I saw you, I recognized you in a heartbeat. I closed my eyes and prayed to the heavens because it was in those moments that I tasted the magic of the universe. It was almost impossible, us running into each other like that. Almost. And that made the beauty of the moment imperceptible. Each time you sucked in a breath beside me, I was left gasping. And each time you brushed your arms against mine, you left shivers down my spine. But the most important part was, even though you had seen me before, it was that day that you looked at me for the first time. And it was enough to shine light into all the darkness that had collected in me.



I do not remember who made into whose arms first. I only know that I wanted to escape the cold and you desperately wanted to shelter me from it. As we bundled together that night, I think I asked you a million questions. Your favorite color. Food. Season. City..... I couldn't stop. Green. Burgers. Winter. London. you replied kissing my hair. I found peace, that night. Longing turned into love. Wishfulness turned into bliss. I loved you so much, my heart felt like it would burst. In the same moment you said you couldn't believe that feeling such happiness was possible. Suddenly, I couldn't stand it anymore. I brushed my lips against yours. First, you were careful and soft. Then you were ferocious and brass, mirroring my urgency. Strong and delicate. Bold yet cautious. You were an enigma. As we finally gave into the fervor, we were one. Happiness came in waves and we both drowned in it. As stars dissolved into clear blue sky, in my heart, all the cracks were sealed, blisters healed. And all that remained was love.

Universe was discreet. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How it all started :)

As I start my very own blog from today.... I'd want to commence by stating how I started writing stuff  ...have fun reading, even though, it's my very first piece of write-up here...And  I'd love it if you comment on how it went. Thank you :) Writing is not something that I started doing from a very young age and  yet I just love how it makes me feel every time I do it. As of now,  It has spread inside of me as a  poison because even if I try to fall out of this habit now, I just simply can't! It all started out some 5 years ago when my very first piece of writing was published in 'The Himalayan Times', in the 'Schoolpost' section, for the very first time. The encouragement and appreciation I got at that  moment  made me want to try my hand at this....and now I am what I am today all because of the feeling of being appreciated  It was not that I started to write out-of-the-blue. Since a very young age, my father used to take me out  to...

My first day of college :D

Dear diary, Today was the day that I had dreaded for weeks (months actually :P). As the title suggests, today was the first day of my college life! First day is always the hardest and... so it was. The day as a whole was pretty aggravated and I sure am glad that the day is finally over... As i woke up this morning, all I could think was how this day would possibly end! New friends, new teachers, new environment, new class.... and god knows what! Walking through the gate with all the eyes staring at me was almost embarrassing...but I didn't let that get the best  of me even if it was VERY hard to ignore. Oh well! It surely does happen to all of us at some point in our life! My college life started with a short presentation and a long lecture. Surprisingly, the hour-and-a-half long lecture was not so boring. Finally, the college administration officially welcomed us to their college and told that they were proud to have us! (sighs) Anyways, we didn't study today at all. Mainl...

Whats your aim, they say!

Hey folks!!! I'm Soooo sorry that I've not been able to post anything much! But you know, I've been super busy! My SLC result got published just recently so all these "getting into a good college " things have kept me at bay even if I'm just 16! Oh, well! Gotta follow the rules down here in Nepal! :P Enough of the babbling (for now !). Okay so I have not been able to write something new lately but I am going to post something, anyway! So, I wrote this a few weeks before the end of my "school days" ...that will be..erm..few months ago. This will keep you guys in perspective.  So, here it goes ! =) Few days till the end of the school and I cannot help but think what lays ahead of me in life. I have my SLC coming up and there’s certainly a lot of pressure regarding my exams but there’s also the one regarding my future. Whenever I meet any of my relatives they ask what my aim in life is. “Doctor or Engineer” they say and I cannot help but smile at h...

I had to live without my phone for 10 days and it didn't go well.

Few months after I bought a phone, the worst thing that could happen to a person that bought a new phone happened to me. My phone started to dysfunction. My brand new phone, that I was paying way more than I could afford, was having issues. And like any normal person, I too went through the 5 stages of grief.  I pretended like I did not see that my apps were crashing and my phone was restarting randomly. I would just put my phone face down when that happened because I did not want to deal with it (kids, don't try this at home). And then I levelled up to the next stage. My phone would restart exactly when I was trying to send an important text, make an important call...or take a picture, or a million, of a beautiful sunset and boy, did that piss me off. I tried to look up solutions online but I couldn't find any that worked for me. Then I started bargaining. Is my phone shutting down and starting up on its own, which takes a total of 20 secs, really that big of a deal? I felt li...

I know I can count on you :)

Hey good people!! Its been long since I updated my blog. But you know,when I don't feel 'ít', I just can't write anything! lol I know that I keep telling this but every bit of the next sentence is true. I'm just crazy like that! :P Okay, so today's post is certainly not about my stupidity.(You had probably guessed that considering the large heading but I wanted to mention it anyways..lol)  The post right here is about the people who accept my tantrums, silliness, mood swings and most  importantly my 'short-temperedness' with ease ( I do 'chill out' after a short while even if I get angry VERY fast.. but lord bless those people!! It can be hard at times :P ) . This post is all about the people who make my life great. Yes,Friends are what i'm talking about...even if you didn't guess it already regarding the cheesy lines :P  Today happens to be THE friendship day , so, I thought what better day could I pick to write about th...

Our story :)

Hey people! So, this story is here because of the special request from a few special people (Apee Regmi and Aayushma Khadka and so on..).I wrote this story some 2 years ago on Valentines day....so it revolves around the same thing. When people read this story they ALWAYS ask me if it happened for real and I say 'no'. It would be fun to have a guy like him with me but NO.  This story is NOT... I'll say it one more time... It is NOT based on my experience so you can stop whatever you are planning on questioning me based on the story. Hope I'm clear about this. (sighs) So here goes the story: Young people are very excited as V-day turns up. Some are happy while others are anxious. on 2005 V-day, I also belonged to the anxious group because I was going to ask someone out on that very day, for the very first time in my life. I am Samaira. I normally didn’t believe in love but after meeting him the feeling isn’t peculiar anymore. Aryan made me believe in love, in...

The Chasm

I remember how easy it used to be  Closing my eyes shut  And, at once, seeing their names  On the back of my eyes Painted in bright hues of red  Always so close to feel  To dream  To touch  With 'I love you's  Gushing out of my lips  Faster than I could remember to breathe. Always,  All I did was love, love and love again With never present people  Setting myself to rot  In the chasm they'd build Out of lies and disguise Naïvety or Delusion?  I could never figure. Until one day,  I realized I was the liar Falling in love with feelings Never people. Setting myself up for loss every time  Because despair was a feeling too  And I'd rather feel sad than empty;  Misery than nothingness.

L.O.V.E.

:) The day of love , or so they call it, is yet again on our doorstep. Some may be quite excited about it and then, there may be the ones who not only despise this day , but hate the color red altogether. Yes, I've been in the company of few such living examples. And If I had not met them myself I would not believe this because I happen to be a complete opposite of what they are. I am a hopeless romantic kind of person. Yes, a person who is in love with love. A person who believes that there is always this one person who is made only for her. A person who believes that all the Nicholas Spark's books come true. A person who firmly believes that the thing called 'true love' exists beyond the pages of love stories. A person who believes that you can have your own personal fairy tale. Cheesy, you may tell me but well, that's the way I am. And, I swear, not a single word I've written here is exaggerated. What I've written is what I believe because ...erm...

How I Met Your Mother vs Friends

Photo:Pinterest I watched How I Met Your Mother for the first time when I was in 7 th  grade. At that time, the jokes most likely went right over my head and I probably didn’t understand the context to many things but still something about Ted Mosby resonated with me, even then. I have always struggled with keeping my love in check like him which has led to various failings throughout the years but Ted’s always had my back by being one step ahead. For these reasons and more, I whole-heartedly love the show. On the other hand, I watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S. a couple years later and thought it was mostly nice. I’d all but forgotten about it until last year when, for some reason, everyone started talking about it. I, by no means, thought it was a bad show but I couldn’t fathom why everyone liked it  so much . People started labelling it superior to HIMYM which didn’t sit well with me. So I decided to re-watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S to gain perspective which led me to the conclusio...

thank god it's friday

I don’t know if it’s just me or time seems to be moving a lot faster these days. I simply refuse to believe that it’s been 3 weeks since I joined my new job. And it’s end of March already? No fking way.  I haven’t written for a big audience in a long time. If you know me, you know that I have always loved writing but over the past year, life caught up with me. I don’t know if mid 20s for everyone is a whirlwind or if it’s because I moved to a new country or because I was finishing up my Uni, working 4 days a week at my unpaid internship and 20 hours/week nightshift at the job that paid for my life all at the same time, everything was always too much. Sorry to my friends and family that I haven’t called in a while but calling takes too much effort. It’s my least favourite method of communication. But know that I miss you and I love you. Life isn’t bad at all, just a lot.  I did try to start writing again in the past year and a half. But everything I wrote was stupid. I didn’t e...