Skip to main content

Homecoming





The sun was dipping down the horizon shattering into brilliant hues of red, as I looked over to you. You were staring back at me with such stark intensity that I audibly shivered. And just like that, my mind travelled back in time as a million images of you flashed in front of my eyes.

You were always in such a rush back then. Urgent kisses and hurried gestures. Your arms intertwining across my bare body marking their territory one inch at a time. Your breath and mine perfectly folding into one as we tried to have as much of each other as possible, as soon as possible. I was smitten and when you looked at me with such ferociousness, I could only surrender, breaking under you each time you touched me…

“How are you?”
  
I snapped back from my reverie, mumbling a breathless “Ok…” as I looked down from your unwavering gaze, unable to hold it together anymore.

“I can’t believe this is real. I can’t believe you’re really here with me”

“I know.” you whispered a curt two-syllabled answer.

I could tell right then that our proximity affected you just as much as it affected me. I took your hand and interlaced your fingers with mine. I could finally accept to myself that I’d wanted to do that for the longest time. As your lips lightly brushed against my knuckles, I knew that no matter how much I lied to myself, in no lifetime could I ever resist you.

I’d never thought we’d ever find our way back to each other but now that we have, it sort of feels like a homecoming. I not only remember the outside of the house well, I also remember the colors of the walls inside and how they are painted the deepest shade of red. And even though I recall the built of it not being flawless, I remember the intricacies of the sketches across each wall and how much they affect me.

But most importantly, I remember that no house is perfect until you’ve made it a home. And meeting you again, feels like coming back home.


 Dear love,

I don’t know how long I’m staying
but I’m finally home.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How it all started :)

As I start my very own blog from today.... I'd want to commence by stating how I started writing stuff  ...have fun reading, even though, it's my very first piece of write-up here...And  I'd love it if you comment on how it went. Thank you :) Writing is not something that I started doing from a very young age and  yet I just love how it makes me feel every time I do it. As of now,  It has spread inside of me as a  poison because even if I try to fall out of this habit now, I just simply can't! It all started out some 5 years ago when my very first piece of writing was published in 'The Himalayan Times', in the 'Schoolpost' section, for the very first time. The encouragement and appreciation I got at that  moment  made me want to try my hand at this....and now I am what I am today all because of the feeling of being appreciated  It was not that I started to write out-of-the-blue. Since a very young age, my father used to take me out  to...

My first day of college :D

Dear diary, Today was the day that I had dreaded for weeks (months actually :P). As the title suggests, today was the first day of my college life! First day is always the hardest and... so it was. The day as a whole was pretty aggravated and I sure am glad that the day is finally over... As i woke up this morning, all I could think was how this day would possibly end! New friends, new teachers, new environment, new class.... and god knows what! Walking through the gate with all the eyes staring at me was almost embarrassing...but I didn't let that get the best  of me even if it was VERY hard to ignore. Oh well! It surely does happen to all of us at some point in our life! My college life started with a short presentation and a long lecture. Surprisingly, the hour-and-a-half long lecture was not so boring. Finally, the college administration officially welcomed us to their college and told that they were proud to have us! (sighs) Anyways, we didn't study today at all. Mainl...

Whats your aim, they say!

Hey folks!!! I'm Soooo sorry that I've not been able to post anything much! But you know, I've been super busy! My SLC result got published just recently so all these "getting into a good college " things have kept me at bay even if I'm just 16! Oh, well! Gotta follow the rules down here in Nepal! :P Enough of the babbling (for now !). Okay so I have not been able to write something new lately but I am going to post something, anyway! So, I wrote this a few weeks before the end of my "school days" ...that will be..erm..few months ago. This will keep you guys in perspective.  So, here it goes ! =) Few days till the end of the school and I cannot help but think what lays ahead of me in life. I have my SLC coming up and there’s certainly a lot of pressure regarding my exams but there’s also the one regarding my future. Whenever I meet any of my relatives they ask what my aim in life is. “Doctor or Engineer” they say and I cannot help but smile at h...

Book Review: The Fault In Our Stars

I have never done book reviews in my life except for those compulsory ones that I was made to do in 9th grade by my English teacher. He made us write five book reviews in a month (yes, you heard me right)..So yeah, the quantity ruled over quality and the whole "reviewing books" thing was an epic fail to sum it up.  And for a while, I have been running out of things to write about that interests me. So, I had an epiphany this evening about doing reviews. And I said to myself, what better book would there be to start with other than 'The Fault In our Stars' which is probably the most hyped Y/A  fiction of the 21st century, yet. In both good and bad ways. I don't remember the first time I heard about the book and that shouldn't surprise any of us as it basically ruled the internet since it came out. So, succumbing to the calls of pop culture, I finally decided to read the book in the fall of 2013. I'm aware that I might be a little  late. Here goes noth...

I had to live without my phone for 10 days and it didn't go well.

Few months after I bought a phone, the worst thing that could happen to a person that bought a new phone happened to me. My phone started to dysfunction. My brand new phone, that I was paying way more than I could afford, was having issues. And like any normal person, I too went through the 5 stages of grief.  I pretended like I did not see that my apps were crashing and my phone was restarting randomly. I would just put my phone face down when that happened because I did not want to deal with it (kids, don't try this at home). And then I levelled up to the next stage. My phone would restart exactly when I was trying to send an important text, make an important call...or take a picture, or a million, of a beautiful sunset and boy, did that piss me off. I tried to look up solutions online but I couldn't find any that worked for me. Then I started bargaining. Is my phone shutting down and starting up on its own, which takes a total of 20 secs, really that big of a deal? I felt li...

How I Met Your Mother vs Friends

Photo:Pinterest I watched How I Met Your Mother for the first time when I was in 7 th  grade. At that time, the jokes most likely went right over my head and I probably didn’t understand the context to many things but still something about Ted Mosby resonated with me, even then. I have always struggled with keeping my love in check like him which has led to various failings throughout the years but Ted’s always had my back by being one step ahead. For these reasons and more, I whole-heartedly love the show. On the other hand, I watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S. a couple years later and thought it was mostly nice. I’d all but forgotten about it until last year when, for some reason, everyone started talking about it. I, by no means, thought it was a bad show but I couldn’t fathom why everyone liked it  so much . People started labelling it superior to HIMYM which didn’t sit well with me. So I decided to re-watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S to gain perspective which led me to the conclusio...

The Chasm

I remember how easy it used to be  Closing my eyes shut  And, at once, seeing their names  On the back of my eyes Painted in bright hues of red  Always so close to feel  To dream  To touch  With 'I love you's  Gushing out of my lips  Faster than I could remember to breathe. Always,  All I did was love, love and love again With never present people  Setting myself to rot  In the chasm they'd build Out of lies and disguise Naïvety or Delusion?  I could never figure. Until one day,  I realized I was the liar Falling in love with feelings Never people. Setting myself up for loss every time  Because despair was a feeling too  And I'd rather feel sad than empty;  Misery than nothingness.

I know I can count on you :)

Hey good people!! Its been long since I updated my blog. But you know,when I don't feel 'ít', I just can't write anything! lol I know that I keep telling this but every bit of the next sentence is true. I'm just crazy like that! :P Okay, so today's post is certainly not about my stupidity.(You had probably guessed that considering the large heading but I wanted to mention it anyways..lol)  The post right here is about the people who accept my tantrums, silliness, mood swings and most  importantly my 'short-temperedness' with ease ( I do 'chill out' after a short while even if I get angry VERY fast.. but lord bless those people!! It can be hard at times :P ) . This post is all about the people who make my life great. Yes,Friends are what i'm talking about...even if you didn't guess it already regarding the cheesy lines :P  Today happens to be THE friendship day , so, I thought what better day could I pick to write about th...

L.O.V.E.

:) The day of love , or so they call it, is yet again on our doorstep. Some may be quite excited about it and then, there may be the ones who not only despise this day , but hate the color red altogether. Yes, I've been in the company of few such living examples. And If I had not met them myself I would not believe this because I happen to be a complete opposite of what they are. I am a hopeless romantic kind of person. Yes, a person who is in love with love. A person who believes that there is always this one person who is made only for her. A person who believes that all the Nicholas Spark's books come true. A person who firmly believes that the thing called 'true love' exists beyond the pages of love stories. A person who believes that you can have your own personal fairy tale. Cheesy, you may tell me but well, that's the way I am. And, I swear, not a single word I've written here is exaggerated. What I've written is what I believe because ...erm...

On moving 6629km alone away from home

It was a fresh start, one that I needed desperately. Applications and documentation had taken so much of my time and sucked so much of my energy, I don't think I quite comprehended what the move was going to entail. While I was open to changes, I don't think I was aware of how much transformation across all aspects of life it would take to acclimatise myself to my new reality. I was just happy for a fresh start. Nothing else mattered.  But turns out, getting on the plane is the easiest step in all of this. The amount of transformation I've gone through and learning I've done in the past couple months is truly insane, to say the least. Recently, a friend back home asked me how I was doing living alone and I thought about it. Honestly, it hasn't been all good or all bad, but the important thing has been rooting and balancing myself despite it all. Not sure if anything I've written will be groundbreaking or something that hasn't been already said 7 million time...